You don't have to wait till winter before you can treat yourself to good, delicious, mouth-watering tasty food especially when the soup is Lobster Chowder. Lobster Chowder remains one of my favorite Chowders and why not? The lobster chowder recipe is good for not just your overall health but also your taste buds.
How Is Lobster Chowder Prepared?
Lobster Chowder Recipe
10 ounces lobster claw and body meat frozen or canned
Frozen lobster meat
Seafood broth (made from the lobster)
Freshly ground black pepper
Cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper, red potatoes, onion, white wine, heavy cream,
½ cup unsalted butter 1 stick
½ cup all-purpose flour
2 cups diced potatoes
1 cup diced onions
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced carrots
2 cups vegetable broth
2 cups whole milk
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
sea salt to taste.
- Remove lobster shells, discard shells
- Ensure the lobster meat is washed and soak lobster meat in whole milk while reading soup until required.
- melt butter in a large pot or stock pot over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and add sliced celery, carrots, and onion. Cook for 4-6 minutes.
- Add flour and stir it all together. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes under low heat.
- Whisk in stock until fully incorporated.
- Remove meat from milk and set aside.
- Add milk to the soup and mix properly.
- Add Onions, Clam juice, lobster tails, frozen lobster meat, fresh lobster seafood broth mixture (made from the lobster), lobster flavorful stock, chicken stock, frozen corn, freshly ground black pepper, fresh corn, crusty bread, and cayenne pepper.
- Add potatoes to soup and continue to cook for about 25 minutes or until potato Is rendered.
- Add fresh thyme
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Add lobster meat (all the lobster meat, leave home out) and allow to cook for 7-10 minutes under medium heat to build the lobster flavor.
Health Benefits Of Lobster Chowder
Lobster is a kind of shellfish that is commonly prepared by steaming or cooking.
Here are a few health benefits of lobster chowder.
According to information from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) National Nutrient Database, one cup of cooked lobster weighs approximately 145 grams of nutrients.
- 129 calories
- 1.25 g of fat
- 0 g of carbs
- 27.55 g of protein
The same serving also accounts for;
- 2 percent of a person’s daily vitamin A needs
- 10 percent of daily intake of calcium
- 4 percent of daily intake of iron
- Lobster is abundant in copper and selenium and also comprises zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin B12, vitamin E, and a small amount of omega-3 fatty acids.
- It is said to contain cholesterol too.
While its overall fat content is high, lobster is an insignificant source of saturated fat.
Here are a few nutritional facts about oysters.
- Oyster Contains Selenium
Selenium acts as a powerful antioxidant
Antioxidants are the compounds in foods that prevent cell destruction caused by unrestricted radicals.
Unrestricted radicals are normal outcomes of cycles like metabolism that are manufactured in the human body daily.
Free radicals are essential for good health. They conduct significant processes, including protecting the body from illness.
- Selenium reduces the risk of certain cancers
Selenium is known to lower the risk of cancers.
This has been associated with selenium’s proficiency to reduce DNA destruction and oxidative tension, boost the body's immune system, and eradicate cancer cells.
- Selenium is important for thyroid health
Selenium is crucial for the proper functioning of the thyroid gland. Thyroid tissue comprises a higher amount of selenium than any other organ in the human body.
This important mineral helps safeguard the thyroid against oxidative harm and plays a vital role in the production of thyroid hormones.
A healthy thyroid gland is essential, it oversees the body's metabolism and controls the development and growth of the body.
- Selenium boosts the body's immune system.
The immune system protects the body from diseases by identifying and fighting off potential dangers. These include viruses, bacteria, and other parasites.
Selenium plays a significant role in the health of the body's immune system. This antioxidant helps lower oxidative stress in the body, which decreases inflammation and improves immunity.
Studies have demonstrated that heightened blood levels of selenium are associated with improved immune response.
- Selenium helps in reducing the symptoms of asthma.
Asthma is a chronic illness that affects the airways that transmit air in and out of the lungs.
These airways become riled and begin to restrain, resulting in signs like shortness of breath, wheezing, coughing, and tightness of the chest.
Asthma has been attributed to heightened levels of oxidative stress and inflammation in the body.
Due to selenium’s capacity to lessen inflammation, some studies suggest that it may help reduce asthma-related signs.
Research implies that people who have asthma have insufficient blood levels of selenium.
A study showed that asthmatic patients with elevated levels of blood selenium had better lung function than those with insufficient levels.
Selenium supplements may also help decrease asthma-related symptoms.
- Selenium protects against heart disease.
A diet that is rich in selenium may help in keeping the heart healthy. Low selenium levels have been associated with an increased threat of heart disease.
Integrating selenium-rich foods such as lobsters into your diet is a tremendous way to keep levels of oxidative stress and inflammation to a minimum.
2. Mental Health
Lobster Chowder is said to increase the effectiveness of the human brain, emotional intelligence, and the ability to remember properly. The effectiveness of Lobster Chowder in mental health cannot be overemphasized.
Are there any side effects of Lobster chowder?
Depends. This is because some people have allergies. If you experience any sort of negative side effects from eating lobster chowder, you should consult a physician. Also, ensure that you are not allergic to any of the recipes used in making lobster chowder.
Who Makes The Best Lobster Chowder?
Their top navigation core search on google is high and tons of external sites may link to theirs. Their profile menu is easy to understand and they have an add rating review online.
They have a 5-star marked recipe rating comment name, 4-star values, Few 3-star values, and customers sing the praises of this award-winning recipe. They are a great lobster chowder author, the splendid choice for weddings, showers, and any corporate event you might have. Feel free to contact them.