Gluten-free, dairy-free version of Muriel's award winning seafood chowder recipe
- 1 packet of Newport Chowder Company's "Secret Spices"
- ½ lb. each of chopped shrimp, scallops & scrod
- 1 small diced white onion
- 10 cooked & diced red bliss potatoes
- 1 tsp. salt & ½ tsp. pepper
- ⅓ cup of Dairy-Free butter of your choice
- 4 cups (or 32 OZ) unsweetened coconut milk (we promise the final product doesn't taste like coconut!)
- 2 cups (or 16 OZ) Clam Juice
- In a medium size skillet, saute butter and onion. Add seafood and Newport Chowder Company's "Secret Spice Pack," cook for 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large pot combine coconut milk, clam juice, and potatoes. Cook over medium heat.
- Mix seafood, onion, and spices into the large pot.
- Continue to cook all ingredients over medium heat for approx. 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently. DO NOT BOIL.
Prep: 30 min
Cook: 20 min
Total time: 50 min
Serving size: 10-12
Chef's Note: Feel free to substitute any seafood in this recipe.